Frequently asked questions
Can I make picks more than 1 day in advance?
No, during Covid many games are postponed at last minute, so we are restricting to picks to current day only.
What are the prize levels?
Fan Freak is a game and the prize levels are subject to change. An example is $5,000 for a 50 Level streak or $300 for a 40 level streak. Grand prize can increase too.
How do I redeem my streak prize?
Enter the streak game in Fan Freak app and tap redeem button. You can always try for bigger prize too. Check the Next Prize box to see how much more. Hurry, imagine Howie Mandel is standing in front of you on the set of the game show. The clock and pressure is on. Your streak will be terminated within 24 hours. It is always free to start a new streak and you can purhcase a streak extension too.
How do I win?
Pick winners and avoid losers. Build a streak for free. Miss a day? It's OK. Make a bad pick? you get 2 chances to extend for missed days and 2 chances to extend for mistakes. That's 4 chances. 1 more chance than most games.
How many levels do I advance for 4 correct picks?
4 levels for 4 picks. Go 4-1, purchase a life extension and you are still on level 4.
How are Ties and Postponed Games scored?
Don't pick a postponed game. We label postponed games as soon as possible. However if you pick a game that is postponed, turned to postponed, or ends in a tie, it is scored as a wrong pick.
What is the minimum withdraw amount?
No, however, if you request a withdraw under $10 there is a $1.50 processing fee.
How do I get paid?
Funds will be electronically transferred to your provided PayPal account.
Do I have to make a pick every day?
Yes (and no) you are given the ability to extend a streak if you miss up to 2 days. It is always free to start a new streak.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PLAY OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. U.S. LAW AND LOCAL LAWS AS APPLICABLE IN EACH JURISDICTION GOVERN THIS CHALLENGE.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Fan Freak (the "Challenge") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and Washington, D.C., Mexico, United Kingdom, and Canada (excluding Quebec), who are eighteen (18) years or older, or age of majority in their jurisdiction, as of the date of entry, and are registered members of Fan Freak (Registration is free and is further described below). Employees of (i) ePlay Digital or its parent or affiliated companies, or (ii) any entity directly connected with the development, implementation or marketing of this Challenge, and the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) or household members of each such employee are not eligible. This Challenge is void in all U.S. Territories and Foreign Territories (e.g., Guam and Puerto Rico) and where prohibited by law.
2. ACCEPT OFFICIAL RULES: Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these official rules (the "Official Rules") and to Sponsor's (defined herein) decisions. The decisions of the Sponsor in regards to all matters of this Challenge are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. SPONSOR; ADDRESS: This Challenge is sponsored by ePlay Digital Inc. d/b/a Fan Freak (the "Sponsor"), Suite 970 – 777 Hornby Street Vancouver BC V6Z 1S4. Any and all advertisers associated with this Challenge are referred to in these Official Rules as "Presenters".
4. ENTRY: To access the Challenge, download the App from Apple App Store
5. Fan Freak REGISTRATION: To play the Challenge, you must be a registered member of Fan Freak (or one of Sponsor's affiliated websites, e.g., BigShotAR.com). Registration for Fan Freak is free.
6. NOT YET A MEMBER: You may register by clicking on the applicable link on the entry page for the Challenge, and following the instructions. You will be asked to provide your name, e-mail address, zip code, birth date, gender and to select a password. You will also be asked if you wish to receive promotional emails, push notifications, or offers. You do not need to consent to receive these emails or offers in order to become a member. Even if you consent, you may subsequently opt-out of receiving such emails and push notifications or offers by tapping on the Notifications link and following the instructions.
Already a Member. If you are already a member of Fan Freak (or if you are a member of one of Sponsor's affiliated websites), then you do not need to register again. You may enter the Challenge by logging in on Fan Freak with your current username and password.
Password. You are responsible for the secrecy of your password. Sponsor or other third parties are not responsible or liable for any actions taken using your password.
8. HOW TO ENTER.
Enter in Fan Freak App. Download the app from authorized Apple App Store. Log on to the frontpage during the Challenge Period and complete your entry by selecting a listed matchup on the "Streak" page.
Limit ONE (1) ONGOING ENTRY (i) PER PERSON (REGARDLESS OF THE NUMBER OF EMAIL ADDRESSES OR REGISTERED MEMBER ACCOUNTS), or (ii) PER EMAIL ADDRESS (REGARDLESS OF WHETHER MORE THAN ONE PERSON USES THE SAME EMAIL ADDRESS).
Void. Use of any automated system (e.g., robots, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods) is prohibited. Any attempt by any entrant to use an automated system or to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities or any other methods, will void all of that entrant's entries, and render that person ineligible to receive any of the prizes. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void.
Change of Email Address. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsor during the Challenge Period if his or her e-mail address changes.
1) Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified.
2) Sponsor is not responsible for any unavailability of or interruptions to any service or equipment used in connection with the Challenge, including without limitation (1) interruptions to any network, server, Internet, website, telephone, satellite, computer or other connections (2) failures of any telephone, satellite, hardware, software or other equipment, (3) garbled, misdirected or jumbled transmissions, or traffic congestion, or (4) other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical or electronic, or (5) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information.
No Return of Entries; Disputes. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, entry will be awarded to the person named on the applicable entry page. Potential winners may be required to show proof of identification. Sponsor may require that the potential winner provide proof that he/she is the actual entrant and/or provide the password associated with the winning entry.
9. HOW TO PLAY. On your "STREAK" page you're challenged to select the outcome of a listed matchup between teams. Listed locktimes are based on the expected start time of an event, but may be changed by the Game Administrator to accommodate late or early starts, or for any other reason, in Sponsor's sole discretion. If a matchup is mistakenly left unlocked after an event has begun, the Game Administrator may lock the event late or cancel the event altogether, in Sponsor's sole discretion. YOU CAN PICK AS MANY MATCHUPS DESIRED AT A TIME. The Game Administrator may add matchups at any time; however, most matchups will be entered in the system by 3:00 a.m. ET on the day of the event.
Here are examples of matchups between two teams:
NCAA FOOTBALL - Oregon Ducks at UCLA Bruins
NFL - Denver Broncos at Kansas City Chiefs
SOCCER - Arsenal at AC Milan
NHL - Buffalo Sabres at Philadelphia Flyers
All participants start at zero. If you win a matchup your streak continues; if you lose it, you're back to 0. Your streak is measured by the number of consecutive matchups you correctly select.
You are required to play every day. Matchups that end as a tie will be scored as a "MISTAKE" and your streak will be in jeopardy. Matchups may also be cancelled by the Game Administrator for reasons including (but not limited to) player injuries, player absences, or inability to complete the match because of weather or any other reason; if this occurs, the matchup will be listed as "Cancelled", "Postponed" or "OFF" and scored as "MISTAKE". In all such cases, the Game Administrator's decision is final, binding and non-appealable.
10. STREAK EXTENSIONS:
Incorrect Matchup: If you lose a matchup and wish to extend your streak, the option to purchase a Life through in-app purchase is available one (2) times per each streak.
Missed day: If you fail to play by choosing a matchup for a 24 hour period and wish to extend your streak, the option to purchase a Life through in-app purchase is available one (2) times per each streak.
Pricing: The price to purchase a Life is set at the current level (consecutive matchups) in the game or streak level.
Levels: The number of levels in the game is set to the consecutive matchups for each user.
11. PRIZES AND TIEBREAKERS:
Grand Prize: Players who reache grand prize game level will be considered a Grand Prize winner.
Milestone Prizing: At various game levels below Grand Prize level, cash prizes can be redeemed.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to run special streak related promotions within the Challenge Period.
13. POTENTIAL WINNERS:
Verification. ALL POTENTIAL WINNING PLAYS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL. SPONSOR SHALL SOLELY DETERMINE ANY FORM OF VERIFICATION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS, AFFIDAVITS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY ENTRY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON MAY BE DEEMED A DEFECTIVE ENTRY AND VOID.
Prize Restrictions. No assignment, transfer, or substitution of prize is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize if prize becomes unavailable.
Prize Taxes. All federal, state or other tax liabilities arising from this Challenge are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Pre-Verification. In addition to the verification procedures for winners and potential winners, entrants who approach eligibility for the Grand Prize may be subject to "pre-verification" by Sponsor. Sponsor may contact entrants via onscreen pop-up notification and/or email sent to the email address with which entrant registered, seeking pre-verification of entrant's eligibility, and requesting contact information or other information from such entrant.
"Prize Notice" via Email or Mail. Winners will be notified via email (or overnight mail) sent within 30-days following the end of the Challenge Period. Entrants are responsible for insuring that all mailing and e-mail information is up-to-date and accurate.
Minors. If a potential winner is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of primary residence, potential winner's parent/legal guardian must execute all documents and agree to all obligations and undertakings required of the potential winner in these Official Rules, both on behalf of himself/herself and the potential winning minor. Failure to comply with these requirements may cause the prize to be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prize may be awarded in the name of, or to, parent/legal guardian.
Releases and Affidavits. As a condition of receiving a prize, potential winners (and travel companions) may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, except where prohibited, a Publicity Release, within fifteen (15) days of the date stated on the prize notice.
Release. By participating in this Challenge or receiving a prize, entrants (and in particular, winners) agree to release and to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, and each of their respective related companies, and all of its or their company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") for any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in this Challenge (or related activities) or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize (including any travel or activity related to the prize).
Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in this Challenge constitutes entrant's (and in particular, winner's) consent to Sponsor and its or their agents' use of entrant's name, likeness, voice, opinions and biographical information for publicity, advertising, trade or promotional purposes in any media or manner, now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, without further payment, consideration, notice or approval.
14. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION:
Conduct. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Challenge and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may lock out an entrant who, in Sponsor's sole judgment, has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility or is otherwise ineligible to enter. CAUTION: A PERSON WHO ATTEMPTS DELIBERATELY TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CHALLENGE OR TO ALTER OR DAMAGE A WEBSITE MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PENALTIES AND FINES; AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Incidents. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Challenge if, in the Sponsor's sole opinion, an incident of any kind occurs to corrupt or impair the administration, security, integrity, fairness or play (as intended) of the Challenge, including without limitation: (a) viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or technical failure; or (b) earthquake, flood, fire, storm or other natural disaster, act of God; or (c) labor controversy or threat thereof, civil disturbance or commotion, disruption of the public markets, war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared).
Cancellation. In the event of a cancellation or termination, prizes may be awarded in any manner deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
Canadian and Mexican residents who are potential winners will be required to answer a mathematical skill test in order to be eligible to win any prize.
15. GAMBLING PROHIBITION: This Challenge is strictly for entertainment purposes and may not be used in connection with any form of gambling. This Challenge is not to be considered a contest subject to odds or any type of random selection of winners.
16. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment, hardware, software or programming associated or used with the Challenge; (2) technical errors, defects, delays or failures of any kind, including without limitation malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in communications lines, Internet or website access, hardware or software; (3) digital or electronic disruptions, e.g., viruses other security breaches; (4) unauthorized human intervention, e.g., hacking; (5) technical or human error which may occur in connection with any aspect of the Challenge; and (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Challenge, access to, copying or downloading materials from Fan Freak or any other website, or receipt or use of any prize.
17. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Challenge or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Vancouver, British Columbia; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. British Columbia law, governs the Challenge and all aspects related thereto, the participants expressly waiving any other forum that they may be entitled to in light of their current or future domiciles.
18. OFFICIAL RULES; WINNERS LISTS: For a copy of the Official Rules and/or list of winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope (Residents of VT may omit return postage) to the address below. Requests must be received within thirty (30) days following the end of the Challenge (i.e., by January 30, 2023).
19. Apple is not a sponsor or involved in any way with the contest or sweepstakes.
This Challenge is copyright © 2021 ePlay Digital. All rights reserved.